Do you have what it takes?
- Experience in People Management, Rota Management and Recruitment
- Ability to train staff in delivering a magical guest experience and deliver high-quality conservation-based de-briefs
- You hold a minimum of PADI Instructor with proven dive experience and hold or are able to obtain an HSE Diving Medical.
- Gained significant experience as a PADI Scuba Diving Instructor in dive practice and theory including Emergency Action Plans and equipment maintenance.
- A working knowledge of guiding divers, allowing for delivery of a ‘wow’ experience.
- Working knowledge of dive equipment to ensure correct maintenance is carried out in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations, local regulations and company diving policy.
- A good understanding of dive logging and problem resolution to ensure proper communication in line with company policy.
- Understanding Health and Safety is your number one priority.
- A First Aid certificate is beneficial but can also be trained on site.
- You will have strong attention to detail and cleanliness.
As a Dive Supervisor, you’ll be responsible for leading the dive and snorkel team in operating the PADI DSD Dive Experience on a day-to-day basis, delivering an exceptional guest experience and ensuring guest safety at all times. We are looking for Full-Time Dive Supervisor who must be flexible and have the ability to weekdays as well as work weekends and school holidays therefore a flexible approach is a must. Due to the nature of the role the successful applicants must be aged 18 and over.
The Dive Supervisors’ core responsibility is leading the dive and snorkel team to deliver the PADI Discover Scuba Dive experiences in a purpose-built aquarium. This will include building the daily rotas, people management including performance management and recruiting new team members.
You will be responsible to ensure the appropriate storage and maintenance of our dive equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations, local guidelines, and company policies. Health and Safety is at the forefront of all activities in the dive area, and you can communicate any concerns with the Displays & Dive Manager immediately.
What’s in it for you?
Alongside helping adventurers experience SCUBA diving, you’ll also receive:
- A competitive salary of £24,000 per annum
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays (pro-rata)
- 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants
- 40% off LEGO online
- Merlin Magic Pass – giving you free tickets to all our attractions worldwide for you, your family, and your friends every year