Job ID 16891
Couples Allowed No matter
Duration Full - Time
Kamalame Cay is a 5-star Private Island Resort located near Andros in The Bahamas.
We are looking for an ambitious and motivated PADI Divemaster to join our team for the next season starting at the beginning of November.
The applicant must have the right attitude and work ethic and have a sociable and friendly & approachable demeanour.
A love for nature and an adventurous attitude will help as the location is rather remote.
– Working approx 40+ hours per week, weather depending. Weekends, weekday and evening shifts are possible.
– Position requires a great deal of flexibility with scheduling hours as shifts can change daily.
– Job role :
- Active PADI Divemaster with current certifications, and professional liability insurance.
- Experienced snorkeler with a desire to guide guests on dives as well as snorkelling, boating, and paddleboard/kayak excursions
- Interest in Conservation or have a background in Conservation
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team worker
- Extremely guest orientated
- Ability to use own initiative and trustworthy to work unsupervised
- Competent deckhand
- Boat Captain’s License would be an advantage
- Must be willing to relocate and find suitable accommodation and transportation on Andros
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN:
A valid Passport or Bahamian passport
Have a Driving licence
CPR & First Aid Certified
A Dive Medical
Your own dive equipment
Bank account or Bahamian Bank Account
BENEFICIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Previous experience working in remote areas.
Guest-centric mindset or hospitality background
Boat Captains License or boat handling experience
SCUBA gear and BAUER compressor servicing qualifications.
Conservation background with coral, sharks, mangroves etc
Local dive knowledge
Desire to learn and interest in training in areas outside of diving – marine science & conservation, freediving, boat handling, etc.
If interested, please email your CV with ‘Adventure department – Job Application’ in the title.
Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you.