Job ID 19441
Couples Allowed No matter
Duration Full - Time
Title: Dive Shop Manager, Lahaina
Compensation: Starting Wage Dependent on Experience. Salary Range is $55,000 – $65,000 Per Year Plus Medical and Dental. Bonus Potential.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Maui Diving is a 32-year-old PADI 5-Star dive shop with locations in Kihei and Lahaina, HI. We currently employ 15 Employees and 15 Instructors and are growing! We are professional and fun. We REALLY care about our customers and their experience. Please go online and read our Trip Advisor Reviews (Maui Diving -Scuba & Snorkel Center) and see for yourself. We specialize in shore dives and PADI certification classes, boat charters, and snorkel excursions. Due to significant growth, we are looking for a Dive Shop Manager to join our five-star team at our Lahaina. HI location.
The ideal candidate is hardworking, a master of details, and a leader in sales and customer service with a passion for scuba diving. Proficiency in grammar, spreadsheets, accuracy, and databases is required. Experience in operations and employee supervision is also required. Must be a certified Open Water Diver however Instructor-level certification would be beneficial and Course Director certification would be a huge bonus to your resume but not required. Knowledge of the Hawaiian culture, ocean life, and geography of Maui is a plus. Must have the ability to work in the USA and a valid driver’s license. As an employee of Maui Diving, you are eligible for our benefits program, which includes medical and dental insurance, access to shop discounts, and other benefits.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the organization’s daily operations, which would include coaching Shop and Call Center Associates; scheduling instructors and staff; and running operations related to Reservations, Retail Sales, Rentals, Diver Check-Ins, and Waiver Submissions.
- Formalize and gain adoption of standard operating procedures for Reservations, Retail Sales, and Rentals.
- Provide the highest level of service to customers and ensure that all employees are doing the same.
- Schedule instructors and manage the dive schedule on FareHarbor. Schedule shop staff on 7Shifts.
- Receive & Manage Inventory in the Lahaina Store and maintain inventory in Square Retail POS.
- Conduct weekly strategy meetings with the Chief Operating Officer.
- Enable continuing rapid growth of Maui Diving and your career.
If you are interested in the position, email your resume and cover letter, please!
Be sure to include your favourite dive site on Maui, anecdotes that highlight your skills, your career goals, and the length of time you plan to reside in Maui. References are required; please include professional references with a minimum of two references from prior direct reports.