Job ID 16842
Couples Allowed No matter
Duration Full - Time
Goat Island Dive and Snorkel operates in New Zealand’s first marine reserve, and pride it selves on providing Conservation focus training and tours.
We do daily Guided Dive and Snorkel Tours throughout the season and provide scuba courses from Try dives to Dive Master level. We also provide school educational programs, mainly snorkelling from primary school to university level.
We’re a close and fun team who loves the ocean and always looking for new team members to join.
We do a lot of our operations from shore and have one dive boat.
This is a full-time seasonal position for the 2022.2023 seasons, Ending May. Possibility to return each year for the right candidate.
You’ll be working both as a part of a larger team and individually.
Your daily role will be an assortment of activities. Including but not limited to:
• Leading Guided Snorkel Tours; Eco tours, Educational tours, Snorkeling and basic free diving lessons.
• Scuba Courses as qualifications allows.
• Lead Guided dive tours from Shore and from Boat.
• Supervision of divers or customers in various activities provided by the shop.
• Work in our Retail store, selling equipment and hiring our snorkelling and scuba gear.
• Teach about the marine reserve, conservation, and marine life.
• Gear washing and maintenance of equipment.
• Use your professional judgment and our SMS to ensure the safety and well-being of our customers.
• Keep all requirements for the job positions up to standard and current.
• Ensure customers are safe and happy.
• Must always be professional, and have a good attitude.
• We’re looking for someone with excellent customer communication skills and who must be patient as you will work with beginners and children.
• Have a love for the ocean and its residents.
• Must have current CoC (Certificate of Competence)
• Current FA, CPR, AED & O2 ( can be renewed on site if needed)
• Photography and videography knowledge is a bonus
• Air filler Certificate
• English is a must, any other language is a bonus.
• Must have a clean police record
• Sale experience is a bonus
• Knowledge about NZ Marine life
• Must be in good shape as it a lot of physical work
- Open Water Instructor