When you work at Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) or at one of its subsidiary companies, you join a proud legacy of supporting missions while sustaining culture.
CGS has been supporting critical missions as a government contractor for over 25 years. We are proud to have built and continue to foster, an incredibly talented team spanning across the globe in hundreds of different fields – each team member is proud to serve our country with first-class business services, while also making a difference for our Chugach shareholders.
If you are looking for an opportunity to serve something bigger than yourself; if you want your day job to be one that creates meaningful value; if you are looking for an environment that highly values employees and respects individual differences – then we may be the right fit for you!
This position on Kwajalein Atoll, in the Republic of the Marshall Islands, offers a great work-life balance. The site provides free lodging/dining and a large selection of morale and welfare activities. Spend your morning watching beautiful sunrises, enjoy temperatures at a consistent 85 degrees, and end your days with spectacular sunsets. With beaches, scuba diving, saltwater swimming pools, bike riding, boating, fishing, and a recreation centre, your free time has never been better spent! Experience all that island living has to offer by joining our Kwajalein team today.
The Incumbent works below the surface of the water, using SCUBA gear (self-contained underwater breathing apparatus) or a diving suit with an airline extending to the surface for the execution of all fieldwork encompassed in diving operations, including but not limited to, underwater construction, maintenance, repairs, and inspections.
This position is unaccompanied. A bachelor’s quarter (BQ) and a meal card will be provided.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Responsible to ensure all members of the diving team are working safely during all phases of performing the job duties required in the field.
- Correct completion of all job-specific, employee-related MER Diving paperwork including daily job reports, dive logs, AHA/JHAs, dive plans, and inspection results.
- Understand and enforce the project’s detailed scope of work to maintain strict compliance with contract documents, project schedules, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Communicate job schedule, scope changes, safety concerns, and all other aspects of the job to management, dive team, and clients.
- Takes appropriate safety precautions, such as monitoring dive times and depths.
- Oversees executing administrative and maintenance on hyper/hypobaric systems. Provide 24-hour per day service as an emergency contingency for recompression chamber operations.
- Emergency Response Action Team member
- Responsible for the maintenance of a comprehensive operational Diving Smooth Log for the Command, which is evidence of actual diving operations
- Descends into the water with aid of Diver Tender and communicates with the surface by signal line or telephone.
- Inspects docks, bottoms, and propellers of ships.
- Repair vessels below the waterline, replacing missing or leaking rivets with bolts.
- Cuts and welds steel, using an oxyacetylene cutting torch and arc-welding equipment.
- Cleans debris from intake and discharge strainers.
- Removes launching cradles and sliding ways from keels of newly launched vessels, using power and hand tools, and places rigging around sunken objects and hooks rigging to crane lines.
- Performs other duties as assigned, to support project execution.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least five (5) years in the diving industry with two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Commercial Dive School Diploma.
- ADCI supervisor and diver card.
- Knowledge of proper operation and use of all equipment related to air/gas/saturation diving, including a decompression chamber.
- Current ADC Dive Physical (Physicians Signature.)
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED (Adult), from a certified Red Cross facility or equivalent (online certifications are NOT accepted).
- Current Emergency O2 Certificate, from a certified Red Cross facility or equivalent (online certifications are NOT accepted).
- TWIC is required upon employment.
- Attention to detail is critical; along with the interest to keep growing and learning in the current position.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks, pre-employment physical requirements and drug testing required by the contract.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. passport.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Top security clearance, which includes U.S. Citizenship or U.S. naturalization.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination:
- In order to qualify for this position, you must be fully vaccinated prior to the start of your assignment and show proof of your vaccination status, unless you are legally entitled to an accommodation (religious or medical).
- The definition of fully vaccinated is that you have:
(1) Received a vaccine that is recognized by the governing entity and is either a.) Two doses of Pfizer BioNTech Vaccine b.) Two doses of AstraZeneca/Oxford Vaccine c.) Two doses of Moderna Vaccine (or) d. One dose of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine; and
(2) Two weeks elapsed after the final dose was administered, which is either one or two doses depending on the brand of the vaccination.
CGS will provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Chugach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, disability, genetic factors, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.