Commercial Diver wanted
Full-time estimated: $38,000 – $51,000 a year
- Communication skills
- First Aid Certification
- Driver’s License
- CPR Certification
- Welding Certification
Full Job Description SUMMARY:
Commercial Divers provide commercial diving services to include underwater inspections and construction as well as associated topside work. This position may also include shop and equipment maintenance.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up a dive station and ensure all equipment is functioning as designed.
- Be capable of completing all required daily safety sheets and holding daily safety meetings.
- Pay attention and be a part of the daily safety meetings.
- Understand and follow health and safety procedures related to the work.
- Basic construction skills (concrete, steel, carpentry, welding, fabricating, etc.)
- Understand the project scope and associated tasks.
- Understand line pull, rigging, and crane signals.
- Demonstrate proper rigging techniques.
- Possess good communication, listening, and organizational skills.
- Complete assigned tasks and meet agreed-upon expectations.
- Work hard, remain motivated, and be a self-starter.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A commercial dive school certificate, US Navy dive training certificate, or ADCI dive certification card.
0+ years of experience required.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
- Current Blood Borne Pathogens, First Aid, CPR, DAN O2 Administration certifications.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Current ADCI “Fit to Dive” physical.
ADDITIONAL CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
- 10-Hour OSHA General Construction Course.
- Certified Welder.
- Mechanic background.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, WORK ENVIRONMENT & SAFETY
The duties of this position require the employee to regularly sit; stand; walk; use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. This position may require the employee to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While in the field, the employee may be required to walk in rugged conditions, work in adverse weather conditions, and stand up to eight hours or more at a time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the required duties of this position.
This position requires maintaining current industry knowledge and expertise through active involvement in professional organizations and/or other activities that may require additional and/or flexible working hours. The ability and availability to readily work overtime and perform duties outside of normal working hours may be required to fulfil the responsibilities of this position.
Employee safety and security are critical parts of our company’s core values. Accountability, positive attitude, proactive communication, continuous improvement, and teamwork promote safe conditions and safe actions. Safety, Health, and Environment are part of our company culture, and adherence and participation are required for all employees.
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen as well as random drug screens throughout employment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Marine Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Nearest Major Market: Lexington
Job Type: Full-time