PADI Instructor and Sales Person
We are looking for an experienced PADI Scuba Diving Instructor / Salesperson to join our team!
Aquanauts is one of the busiest PADI 5 IDC scuba diving centers in the South West, with over 350 certifications last season! Aquanauts have an extremely busy online retail presence, being in the top 3 retailers for diving products in the UK.
We are based on the waterfront in Plymouth’s Barbican, this idyllic shop front is also home to our hard boat, Outcast. We conduct our diving from both shores and via Outcast to enhance our customer’s experiences!
We run regular boat charters to Plymouth’s premier dive sites including the James Eagan Layne, HMS Scylla, HMT Elk, and many more incredible sites situated at our front door.
The role will be based on our center on the Barbican and as well as teaching or skippering will also involve helping customers looking for their next perfect piece of diving equipment, offering advice on furthering diverse experiences, and assisting with online sales and processing.
We’re a small hard-working team, we all get stuck into various roles and we’re looking for someone passionate about UK diving, ready for their next dive adventure to join us.
Role and responsibilities
- Teach diving and actively promote further education and equipment ownership to students.
- Schedule courses and organize course logistics.
- Assist customers with equipment purchases, course options, boat bookings, and equipment hire, and provide gas fills.
- Respond to incoming emails and phone enquires for on and offline sales.
- Guide qualified divers.
- Skipper / Crew the boat or assist the skipper when diving from our boats.
- Promote and organize club activities to include meetings, holidays, trips, and special events which encourage environmental responsibility to our divers.
- Promote Aquanauts through social media and newsletters.
- Update Aquanauts’ websites with courses, boat trips, and online equipment.
- Assist with the cleaning and maintenance of the center, its vehicles, boats, diving equipment, compressor, and pool.
- Attend dive shows to promote the activities that Aquanauts offer.
- Keep up to date on PADI and HSE requirements to ensure the safety of Aquanauts customers and staff at all times.
- Maintain equipment stock levels in the shop and update displays.
- Assist with online sales processing.
- Minimum requirement of PADI OWSI with UK teaching experience of all PADI core courses and preferable Drysuit, Wreck, Deep, Night, and Nitrox specialties.
- HSE commercial diving medical in date without restrictions.
- Full clean UK Driving License and ability to drive company vehicles.
- Sales experience in PADI courses and diving equipment.
- Gas blending experience preferred.
- Dive equipment servicing experience would be of additional benefit.
- Enthusiastic about diving and the underwater world.
- Driven to pursue sales and maximize center profits.
- The ideal candidate will be a hardworking, self-motivated individual who is polite, friendly, and has a sense of humor.
What we offer
- AMAZING UK diving!
- Competitive salary
- HUGE savings on equipment
- Career development opportunities
- Extensive contact network within the UK diving industry
Salary negotiable depending on experience within the range of £21,000 – £26,000