Dive Shop Manager/Dive Instructor
Our client is an island resort located on one of the islands in the north of Fiji. Set on five acres of elevated oceanfront land, this resort offers impressive sea and sunset views and many strategically placed hammocks and sun lounges from which to enjoy them.
The resort owners are seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced individual for the role of Dive Shop Manager/Dive Instructor. The role will report to the General Manager.
Key Outputs for this role:
• Guide all certified guests on dives if required
• Sell and conduct diving courses to guests,
• Brief all guests wishing to snorkel.
• Interact with all guests throughout their stay, particularly at mealtimes.
• As part of the senior management team you will be required to assist (as and when necessary) in many aspects of running the Resort
• Conduct coral and Fish ID talks to our guests twice a week
• Responsible for ensuring all guests have the best and safest possible experience during any water-related activities during their stay.
• Responsible for budget lines pertaining to the dive centre – Scuba Diving Cost, Water sports Equipment, R&M boats and Boat Fuel.
• Responsible for ordering and receiving diving and water sports equipment when necessary within the bounds of the Scuba Diving and Water sports budgets.
• Responsible for fuel monitoring of all boats.
• Responsible for cleanliness and adherence to design specifications of Dive Centres as per styling guides.
• Responsible for billing guests for diving service
• Responsible for orderly filing of all diving-related paperwork and updating of correct liability releases as per PADI current standards.
• Responsible for keeping updated on changing PADI standards and informing the Lodge Managers of relevant additions/alterations.
• PADI OWSI certification or higher
• EFR teaching status (one instructor)
• 3 years plus experience as a PADI professional
• Basic knowledge of equipment maintenance
• Current third-party liability insurance (PADI or DAN preferred) Personal Competencies:
• Excellent spoken and written English (other languages an advantage)
• Bright, enthusiastic, energetic and caring personalities
• Palpable passion for diving and marine life
• Smart, clean, presentable appearance.
• Passion for hospitality
• Hard working and highly self-motivated
• Excellent team players, relate well to others.
• Computer competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent command of both written and spoken English (other languages an advantage)
• Diving qualification: PADI OWSI certification or higher, EFR teaching status
An attractive package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
All applications must include a cover letter and current curriculum vitae with contact details for three professional referees.
For further enquiries please contact Hannah Hicks-Maravuakula via email.
We welcome and thank all applications, however, due to the anticipated volume of submissions, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications close on Friday 15 September 2023.