Experience: 3-5 Years
Instructor Credentials: OWSI
Mabul is still looking for one more Dive Manager to join our team here in Borneo!
We are looking for an experienced and talented individual to join our Dive Management team at Mabul Island. The successful candidate will assist in leading an experienced team of approximately 60 instructors, dive masters, and boat captains. Experience in a similar management position is essential.
We offer PADI courses ranging from DSD to Dive Master and also host PADI IDC 3-4 times per year. PADI courses and fun diving at the world-renowned Sipadan, Mabul, and Kapalai Island is our core business and we pride ourselves on our ability to maintain exceptional standards throughout all aspects of our dive center.
The ideal candidate is hardworking, a master of details, and a leader in customer service with a passion for scuba diving. Proficiency in grammar, spreadsheets, accuracy, and databases is required. Experience in operations and employee supervision is also required.
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
● Must have dive center management experience and experience in the industry as a PADI Dive Instructor.
● Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in other languages is favorable.
● Excellent standards of numeracy and literacy.
● Advanced experience in using Google Sheets.
● Internet and digital/social media experience with the ability to create content following current trends.
● Excellent customer service skills.
● Active interest in the dive industry with a passion for conservation efforts.
● Good understanding of Health & Safety, risk assessment.
● Ability to deal confidently with a range of people – customers, colleagues, officials.
● A great communicator with strong leadership qualities must also be able to lead by example.
● Problem-solving, interpersonal, and strong organizational skills.
● Flexible, proactive, self-motivated, and a team player.
● Takes pride in high standards and has an eye for detail in a fast-paced environment.
● Equipment and compressor maintenance experience required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Oversee the organization’s daily operations
● Scheduling guests, instructors and staff
● Provide the highest level of service to customers and ensure that all employees are doing the same.
● Equipment maintenance
● Dive scheduling
● Liaising with dive and resort management
● Assisting guests
● Teaching PADI courses (DSD to Dive Master)
● Guiding fun divers (including the world-famous Sipadan Island!)
What we offer:
● An attractive salary package
● Food and accommodation on Mabul Island
● Work permit supplied following successful trial period.
● Working for a successful award-winning company
● Excellent work conditions
● Annual leave
If you are interested in this position, please apply by email ASAP.