Experience: 3-5 Years
Language requirements: English, Spanish
Job Opportunity: Operations Manager
Our operation, located in beautiful Playas del Coco, Costa Rica, is an ocean adventure charter boat company that has over 18 years of experience in the area.
We offer dynamic (mostly) private trips to small groups and families, with the goal of sharing our passion for the ocean by creating the opportunity for our clients to feel an exceptional connection to the marine environment through unique and transformative experiences.
All of our trips include myriad ways to connect to the ocean- including marine education, scuba diving, scuba diving instruction, coastal exploration, snorkelling, fishing, paddling, and more.
The role of Operations Manager is to be responsible for the fluid functioning of all operations.
The primary responsibilities of this key position include:
– ensuring that the logistics for all tours and activities unfold with fluidity and ease for both the crew and the clients
– supervising all company material resources and assets and ensuring their excellent functioning
– supervising and directing all of the company personnel, acting as “team leader”, and ensuring a positive work environment for all involved
– supporting the administrative/reservations team, enabling clear and fluid communication with all parties concerning details and information about tour logistics, availability, pricing, etc.
– ensuring the good positioning of Almaco within our community, acting as the “face” of the business
This leadership position requires initiative and motivation, as well as strong communication skills to enable clear communication between management, administration, guests clients, and staff.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to put down roots in Costa Rica for an extended time, with a dynamic position in a growing company. We are looking for a long-term commitment for serious prospects only.
– PADI OWSI active status
– Minimum 3 years dive shop management experience
– Fluent written and spoken English and Spanish
– Excellent communication skills, including customer service skills
– Strong initiative, self-motivated, highly organized, and good problem-solving skills
– Team leader
Please respond to Bari Lehrman with a CV, cover letter and references via email ASAP.